Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Silver Bella!

Okay...I know it has been two months since Silver Bella and the wonderful time I had in Omaha. My friends and family could not believe that I went by myself, but I assured them that I would be fine all alone.  Well, when I got there, I was a bit intimidated by all the artists who were there and all those who seemed to have so many friends with them. 

When I headed down to the opening evening activity, I approached(meekly???) a sofa outside the ballroom, loaded down with the swap stuff I had brought.  (Thank goodness one of the swaps had already been mailed to the leader; otherwise, I never could've made it.)  Sitting next to me was a beautiful young woman who said something like, "Come on over and sit with us!" Her name is Cassie (or Cassandra) and she is from Fort Worth.  Her Silver Bella companion, Susan, also welcomed me into their group, and...what can I say?  The rest of the weekend was wonderful hanging out with Cassie and Susan from Fort Worth.


Thanks, Susan and Cassie, for your friendship and your warm welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gretchen! I found Cassie to be very welcoming and friendly as well! That's a nice picture of you three!

    ReplyDelete