Monday, January 17, 2011

Fabrics for monthly purse challenge


The paralyzed perfectionist (aka myself...) has finally decided on the fabrics to use for JemJam's monthly purse challenge based on Amy Butler's Style Stitches. The fabric on the bottom is a vintage chenille (I love chenille!) that I picked up at Feather Your Nest, an antique store in Lexington. The rest of the fabrics are from my stash; the solid is a light yellow color that is a bit stiffer than the others that I plan to use for the handle.  The trim is because I love bling, like pom-pom trim.  I am not sure I will use it, though.

I picked the colors from the wonderful Stampin' Up Color Coach after finding little satisfaction using the color wheel.  I need to add "practice color theory" to my to do list, along with taking a photography course.  Just buying an Olympic 12 megapixel was not the answer!

At Silver Bella, my friend Cassie had a beautiful bag made of chenille with a fringe of vintage black seam binding.  It was beautiful! She bought it a the Roundtop antique show in Texas, where she lives.  I wish I had a picture to show you.

Time to get started!

3 comments:

  1. Gretchen... Thank you so very much for the extremely lovely comment you left on my blog. I think that is one of the highest compliments I have ever been paid. warmest wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping in and saying hi on the holiday housewalk. Love the beautiful fabric and what a sweet yorkie you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen, thanks for stopping by and saying Hi! Your comments come in as a noreply thing... ( a blog settings thing) so i popped over here to wish you a HAppy Mother's day! Hope it was lovely! Love the pink and browns!

    ReplyDelete