Monday, January 17, 2011

I never met a pink quilt I liked...


Meet Marilyn Monroe, my Yorkie. 

I follow Karla's adventures with her Yorkies, who wear pearls, pink whimsies, and other vintage attire. I love pink quilts. Monroe doesn't want to pose on a pink quilt...see how happy she looks to be on this pink towel?

One reason we got Monroe was so I could have a little lap dog who would wear pink ribbons in her hair and pink costumes.  The third night we had her, all two pounds of her leaped off the couch in a triathlete's dive onto the floor to steal a toy from her big brother.  In her three years, she has tutored me on how to love a Yorkie tomboy who has no intention of dressing like Nellie Oleson...anyone remember her from Little House on the Prairie?

I suppose I should say, meet my husband's Yorkie.... We love another dog, Joe DogMaggio, a ten-year-old Havanese, who is...ahem...also my husband's dog. I sort of serve as all three's personal assistant. (My husband is not so much a Yankees fan as he is a baseball fanatic...more on that later.)





No comments:

Post a Comment